This course is designed to provide the SMP/E skills needed in the installation and maintenance of optional features and maintenance in the z/OS operating environment. You are taught to define the SMP/E database and invoke SMP/E to add, modify, or replace system elements. The course includes extensive hands-on labs using a current level of SMP/E.
You will get practical experience in the SMP/E tasks involved in installing a z/OS product. Emphasis is on interpreting results of SMP/E processing. SMP/E concepts examined in this course include modification control statements, the consolidated software inventory, zone structure, and error analysis. SMP/E commands such as RECEIVE, APPLY, ACCEPT, RESTORE, REPORT, and LIST are discussed.
You will also learn how to perform automated SMP/E delivery of z/OS and product maintenance over the Internet with an automated SMP/E process that downloads and installs IBM preventive and corrective service over the Internet.
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
- Describe how SMP/E is used as a tool for system maintenance
- Interpret modification control statements in a sample SYSMOD
- Create a consolidated software inventory database to support installation and maintenance requirements
- Use the SMP/E dialogs to install a product and its related service
- Manage exception SYSMOD data
- Describe the use of the primary and secondary data sets required by SMP/E
- Analyze output from SMP/E processing and resolve commonly encountered problems
- Describe the use of the REPORT command to determine software dependencies between zones
- Use the BUILDMCS process to create a function SYSMOD from an installed product and its service
- Use the new SMP/E functions to install software service automatically over the internet
- Implement support for communication server FTP client
- Use the new RECEIVE ORDER command to order and install z/OS maintenance automatically over the Internet
Prezzo di listino
3.500,00 EUR + IVA per partecipante
- 36 ore
- 5 giorni
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Use basic JCL statements
- Describe the use of the following z/OS utility programs: assembler, linkage editor, IEBCOPY, IEBUPDTE, and AMASPZAP
- Identify the access method services commands and parameters used in creating a VSAM KSDS
- Use ISPF/PDF panels
This knowledge and these skills can be acquired on the job or by completing one or more of the following education offerings:
- Fundamental Practical System Skills in z/OS , (ES10) (ES10A)
- z/OS VSAM and Access Method Services, (SS83) (H3840)
The students new to z/OS could benefit from attending z/OS Facilities (ES15) (ES150) for additional basic z/OS knowledge.
Prezzo di listino: 3.500,00 EUR + IVA per partecipante
Durata: 36 ore (5 giorni)
Erogabile on-line e on-site
Tutti i nostri corsi sono erogabili anche in modalità on-line (con formazione a distanza), oppure on-site, sempre personalizzati secondo le esigenze.