IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS helps you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z networks. It offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control. The full IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 Workshop ILT consists of four courses:
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals (TZ203), which covers the key concepts, components, and user interfaces associated with NetView for z/OS 6.1. Lectures are supplemented with hands-on exercises.
- NetView for z/OS 6.1 Automation (TZ213), where you learn about the automation facilities of IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS. You learn the architecture of NetView as a message processor and explore the message flows in an IBM Tivoli for z/OS environment. Also, you learn how NetView can manage screen commands that are issued by operators from z/OS Multisystem Console Support (MCS) consoles. You use the information presented in class in a practical environment during hands-on lab exercises.
- IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS 6.1 REXX (TZ223), where you learn how to write REXX EXECs using NetView for z/OS. Restructured Extended Executor (REXX) EXECs can be written to simplify tasks that an operator might need to perform and to provide automation, both proactive and reactive. Topics include the NetView facilities that are provided to support the REXX language: NetView REXX functions, global variables, and WAIT processing. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on lab exercises.
- This course, NetView for z/OS 6.1 PIPEs, where you learn how to code NetView PIPEs within REXX EXECs to simplify operations and perform automation by using NetView for z/OS. Topics include an overview of PIPEs, PIPE stages supplied by NetView, issuing commands (NetView, MVS, and VTAM) in a PIPE and processing their output, and some complex PIPE stages. Lectures are reinforced with hands-on lab exercises.
All four courses are also taught as a single, five-day offering. See course TZ243 for further details.
- Lesson 1: Overview of NetView pipelines
- Lesson 2: PIPE stages
- Lesson 3: Access files With PIPEs
- Lesson 4: Pipelines and variables
- Lesson 5: Manipulate text in a pipeline
- Lesson 6: Process pipeline data
- Lesson 7: Advanced topics
- Describe the basics of NetView for z/OS PIPEs
- Write code for NetView PIPEs with REXX EXECS
- Issue commands
- Trap and parse messages
- Set and retrieve global variables
- Read from and write to files
- Code multiple stage PIPEs
- Perform automation
Prezzo di listino
700,00 EUR + IVA per partecipante
- 8 ore
- 1 giorno
You must be familiar with networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment. Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
Prezzo di listino: 700,00 EUR + IVA per partecipante
Durata: 8 ore
Erogabile on-line e on-site
Tutti i nostri corsi sono erogabili anche in modalità on-line (con formazione a distanza), oppure on-site, sempre personalizzati secondo le esigenze.