MOC10982 - Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10
Linea corsi: Windows Desktop, Associate level: Windows 10About this course
This course is designed to provide students with theknowledge and skills required to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs anddevices in a Windows Server domain environment. These skills includeunderstanding of Windows 10 features, how they can be used in an ActiveDirectory environment and how to troubleshoot them.
The primaryaudience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST),who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers(PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windowsdomain environment. EDSTs focus on a broad range of technical issues forWindows operating systems (OSs), devices, cloud services, applications,networking, and hardware support. In the overarching scenario, if an enterpriseoffers the service, the EDST is asked to support it.
The keyresponsibilities include resolving technical issues pertaining to Windows 10installation and migration, activation, performance, profiles, settings; anddevice synchronization. Some other key responsibilities include local andremote network access; access to applications, access to data and printers;authentication, Endpoint security and policy; OS and data recovery.
The secondaryaudience for this course are IT professionals who administer and supportWindows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and securityresources. Students who seek certification in the following exams will alsobenefit from this course:
- 70-697,Configuring Windows Devices
- 70-698,Installing and Configuring Windows 10
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describethe processes for planning and using a Windows 10 troubleshooting methodology.
- Troubleshootstartup issues and operating system services on a Windows 10 device.
- Resolveissues that pertain to hardware devices and device drivers.
- TroubleshootWindows 10 devices remotely.
- Troubleshootissues that pertain to network connectivity.
- Troubleshootclient-configuration failures and issues with application of Group PolicyObjects (GPOs).
- Troubleshootissues related to user settings.
- Troubleshootremote-connectivity issues.
- Resolveissues that pertain to accessing resources from devices that are domain-joined.
- Resolveissues that pertain to accessing resources from devices that are notdomain-joined.
- Troubleshootissues that pertain to application installation and operation.
- Maintaina device that is running Windows 10.
- Recovera device that is running Windows 10.Course Outline
This module explains the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology in Windows 10. This module also covers various Windows 10 fundamentals, high-level architecture, and often-used troubleshooting tools. It also explains the role of an EDST (Enterprise Desktop Support Technician) in a Windows 10 environment.
- Overview of Windows 10
- Introduction to the EDST Job Role
- Overview of Troubleshooting Steps
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Describethe Windows 10 operating system, devices it supports, and the Windows 10architecture.
- Understandthe Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) role in a Windows 10environment.
- Understandthe troubleshooting methodology for Windows 10.
- DescribeWindows 10 troubleshooting tools.
- UseWindows 10 troubleshooting tools.
This module describes how to identify and troubleshoot issues that affect the Windows 10 operating system’s ability to start, and how to identify problematic services that run on the operating system. It also describes how to use the Windows 10 advanced troubleshooting tools, collectively known as the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
- Overview of the Windows 10 Startup Recovery Environment
- Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
- Resolving a Startup Issue (1)
- Resolving a Startup Issue (2)
- Recovering a BitLocker-Encrypted Drive
- Creating a New BitLocker Password
- Describethe Windows 10 startup architecture.
- Optimizeand troubleshoot startup settings.
- TroubleshootWindows 10 operating system services.
- Recoverdrives encrypted with Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption.
This module explains how to support users that utilize a multitude of devices that run Windows 10. It describes how an operating system uses device drivers, and how you can troubleshoot hardware devices and device drivers. The module also covers how to monitor the reliability of a Windows 10 device and troubleshoot any issues that might occur.
- Troubleshooting Device Drivers Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
- Troubleshooting a Missing Device Driver
- Resolving Hardware Problems
- Resolving Device Driver Problems
- Configuring Group Policy Settings to Control Device Installation
- Diagnosing Memory and Troubleshooting Failed Disk Redundancy
- Accessing a Volume from a Failed Computer
- Troubleshoothardware device drivers.
- Describethe process of troubleshooting hardware.
- Troubleshootphysical hardware failures.
- Monitorthe reliability of Windows 10 devices.
- Configurethe Windows 10 registry.
The focus of this module is on using tools that are designed specifically to facilitate remote management connections. This module explores three ways in which you can remotely connect to and manage remote computers: Remote Desktop, Windows Remote Assistance, and Windows PowerShell remoting.
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Using Windows PowerShell Remoting
- UseRemote Desktop to manage remote computers.
- UseRemote Assistance to manage remote computers.
- UseWindows PowerShell remoting to manage remote computers.
This module describes the tools that you can use to set up and troubleshoot both wired and wireless network connections more efficiently. This module also explains how to support your organization’s network infrastructure, and configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Name Resolution
- Resolving a Network Problem (1)
- Resolving a Network Problem (2)
- Troubleshooting a Wireless Network
- Determinenetwork settings in Windows 10.
- Troubleshootissues with network connectivity.
- Troubleshootissues with name resolution.
This module provides an overview of Group Policy and describes how to apply GPOs to computers. It also explains how to resolve configuration problems and issues with applying GPOs.
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client-Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
- Resolving Group Policy Application (1)
- Resolving Group Policy Application (2)
- Resolving Group Policy Application (3)
- Resolving Group Policy Application (1)
- Describehow you apply GPOs to computers.
- Resolveclient-configuration failures and GPO application issues.
In this module, you will examine issues that can occur when users sign in. You will study the methods that you can use to identify the causes of sign-in issues, and learn how to troubleshoot them. You will also learn how to troubleshoot the application of user settings.
- Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
- Troubleshooting the Application of User Settings
- Resolving Sign-In Issue 1
- Resolving Sign-In Issue 2
- Resolving a Folder Redirection Issue
- Troubleshootuser sign-in issues.
- Troubleshootthe correct application of user settings.
This module explains the virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess technologies, and the common problems with their implementation and usage. The module also provides several possible mitigations for these problems.
- Troubleshooting Issues with VPN Connectivity
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess
- Troubleshoot VPN Connectivity Issue 1
- Troubleshoot VPN Connectivity Issue 2
- Prepare the DirectAccess Implementation
- Configuring and Verifying Client-Side Settings for DirectAccess
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess
- Troubleshootissues with VPN connectivity.
- Configureand troubleshoot DirectAccess.
This module explains how to resolve problems related to resource access from computers that are domain members. It explains how to troubleshoot file permission issues, encrypting file system (EFS) issues, and printer access issues.
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Recovering Files Encrypted by EFS
- Troubleshooting Issues with Printer Access
- Resolving a File-Access Issue (1)
- Resolving a File-Access Issue (2)
- Resolving a File-Access Issue (3)
- Encrypting and Recovering Access to Encrypted Files
- Resolving a Printer Issue (1)
- Resolving a Printer Issue (2)
- Troubleshootissues with file permissions.
- Recoverfiles encrypted by EFS.
- Troubleshootissues with accessing printers.
This module explains how to resolve problems related to resource access from computers that are not domain members. You will learn how to configure and troubleshoot the Work Folders feature, which enables users to access organizational data securely from their personal devices. You will also learn how to configure and troubleshoot access to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting OneDrive Access
- Troubleshooting Work Folders 1
- Troubleshooting Work Folders 2
- Troubleshooting OneDrive for Business
- Configureand troubleshoot the Work Folders feature.
- Configureand troubleshoot access to Microsoft OneDrive.
Windows 10 supports the installation and use of two types of applications: desktop apps and Universal Windows apps. This module examines these two types of applications, and the issues—including application compatibility issues—that affect a user’s ability to install and run them. This module also covers how users can resolve web browser–related issues, specifically issues associated with both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Troubleshooting Desktop App Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- Troubleshooting Access to Company Web Applications
- Troubleshooting AppLocker Policy Applications
- Troubleshooting Application Compatibility Issues
- Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Edge Issues
- Troubleshootdesktop app installation issues.
- Troubleshootdesktop apps.
- ManageUniversal Windows apps.
- Troubleshootweb browsers.
Once the Windows 10 operating system is activated on your computers, you must establish procedures to monitor their performance and ensure that they remain up-to-date with the latest operating system updates and security fixes. This module discusses how to provide for the ongoing maintenance of Windows 10 operating systems.
- Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Activation
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Computer Performance
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
- Resolve a Performance-Related Issue
- Resolve a CPU-Related Performance Issue
- Resolve a Disk-Related Performance Issue
- Manageand troubleshoot volume activation in Windows operating systems.
- Monitorand troubleshoot Windows 10 performance.
- Updateapplications and Windows 10.
This module explains how to use file recovery and troubleshoot deleted files. It also describes how to recover a Windows 10 computer.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Recovering an Operating System
- Resolving Issues with Previous Versions
- Provisioning a Computer to Comply with Company Standards
- Recoverfiles in Windows 10 by configuring and using file recovery features.
- Recovera computer that is running Windows 10.
Prezzo di listino
1.600,00 EUR + IVA
Materiale di supportoMicrosoft Official Courseware
- 35 ore
- 5 giorni
PrerequisitiBefore attending this course,students must have:
- Networkingfundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol(TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- MicrosoftActive Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- Understandingof the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components.
- WindowsServer 2016 fundamentals.