This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Scripting and Automation (ZA680G). This option does not require any travel.
This course teaches you the skills that are required to automate the administration of a WebSphere Application Server V8.5 environment.
Most administrative tasks are multi-step and repeatedly used, and GUI-based administration tools can quickly become impractical and even a burden. WebSphere Application Server offers a collection of tools and technologies that you can use to create automated scripts, facilitating system administration.
The course describes the scripting facilities in WebSphere Application Server and teaches you how to use the Jython language with WebSphere administrative objects to develop scripts that automate common administrative tasks.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course reinforce lecture content and give you practical experience with the WebSphere Application Server V8.5 scripting environment. Exercises include tasks such as creating and configuring an application server environment, installing and configuring the IBM HTTP Server, and automating the installation of WebSphere Application Server.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
- Course introduction
- Introduction to scripting
- WebSphere Application Server administrative concepts and architecture
- WebSphere Application Server scripting facilities
- Using wsadmin
- Exercise: Using wsadmin to explore the WebSphere Application Server environment
- Jython basics
- Jython development by using the IADT
- Exercise: Using the IBM Assembly and Deploy Tools (IADT) to develop Jython scripts
- Administrative object basics: Help and AdminConfig
- Exercise: Using the Help and AdminConfig objects
- Administrative object basics: AdminApp
- Exercise: Using the AdminApp object
- Administrative object basics: AdminControl
- Exercise: Using the AdminControl object
- Administrative object basics: AdminTask
- Exercise: Using the AdminTask object
- Introduction to the PlantsByWebSphere and messaging applications
- Configuring and managing servers and server resources by using scripting
- Exercise: Creating and configuring the Plants server environment with scripting
- Exercise: Installing and configuring the IBM HTTP Server
- Deploying and managing the PlantsByWebSphere application by using scripting
- Exercise: Deploying the PlantsByWebSphere application
- Scripting methodologies and recommendations
- Using ws_ant
- Exercise: ws_ant scripting and configuring the service integration bus
- Properties file based configurations and Jython script library
- Using scripts with the job manager and CIM
- Exercise: Automating the installation of WebSphere Application Server
- Course summary
- Describe the support in WebSphere Application Server for scripting and automation
- Use Jython and the IBM Assembly and Deploy Tools (IADT) to develop automated scripts
- Identify the administrative objects and programming APIs needed for administrative scripting
- Use the wsadmin tool to prototype and run scripts
- Write scripts to automate common WebSphere Application Server administration tasks
- Describe the use of Ant to automate tasks
- Use Jython scripting to submit jobs to the job manager
Prezzo di listino
3.500,00 EUR + IVA per partecipante
- 40 ore
- 5 giorni
You should have a thorough understanding of the topologies and runtime administration of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment environments. You can gain this knowledge through experience or by completing WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (WA585G - no longer available).
Durata: 40 ore (5 giorni)
Erogabile on-line e on-site
Tutti i nostri corsi sono erogabili anche in modalità on-line (con formazione a distanza), oppure on-site, sempre personalizzati secondo le esigenze.